THE GREAT ONE’S MIDTERM I-MECK 4A REPORT CARDS
Greetings HS hoops junkies from across the rarely sunny piedmont. The Sad One is here once again to give out his midterm report cards for the I-MECK 4A conference. Key injuries and a surprise season so far from Mallard Creek have the standings off at the moment but the 2nd half is still left. We will now separate the chaff from the wheat, the men from the boys, and those who could be Dean’s List bound from those who could end up in summer school, or worse, in the dunce corner. The Sadster’s grades are based upon how well a team is doing in comparison to their predicted order of finish, bad losses, upset wins, overall competitiveness of a program, and how injuries have altered a team’s course. Teams will be listed in their current order in league standings with their predicted final place in parentheses. Let’s hand out some grades………………..
(1) NORTH MECK C+ : VIKINGS WON AT WEST CHARLOTTE AND LAID LUMBER TO VANCE EVEN WITH MAXWELL HAVING THE FLU. TOUGHEST ROAD GAME LEFT IS AT VANCE.
(4) HOPEWELL B : TITANS PLAYED THROUGH THE INJURY TO JONES, HAVE TOUGH ROAD GAMES COMING UP AT NORTH, WC, AND THE CREEK.
(T2) WEST CHARLOTTE C : HELD SERVE AT HOME VS. VANCE, BUT LOST AT HOME TO NORTH AND A SURPRISE LOSS AT HOPEWELL. MUST GO TO NORTH AND VANCE IN THE 2ND HALF.
(7) MALLARD CREEK A : MAVERICKS STOLE ONE AT VANCE, HAVE SOME TOUGH ROAD GAMES AT THE LAKE, NORTH, HOUGH, WC AND HOPEWELL IN THE 2ND HALF. WILL THE CREEK DRY UP?
(T2) VANCE C- : SUFFERED AN UNINSPIRED UPSET LOSS AT HOME, MUST GO TO THE CREEK AND HOPEWELL BUT GET NORTH AND WC AT HOME IN THE 2ND HALF.
(5) HOUGH C : HUSKIES LOST 6’9 C BEAU MAYE FOR THE SEASON DUE TO INJURY BUT DID GET A ROAD WIN FROM MALLARD CREEK IN OT. GETTING TO 5TH WITHOUT MAYE IS A TALL ORDER.
(6) LAKE NORMAN C : BEING WITHOUT 6’8 C JONAH COURTNEY FOR A WHILE HAS HURT THE CATS BIG TIME. A FAVORABLE SCHEDULE IN THE 2ND HALF PRESENTS 3 MAYBE 4 WINNABLE GAMES.
(8) MOORESVILLE C : THE BLUE DEVILS BEAT HOUGH BY 14, AND LAKE NORMAN BY 2 IN A TOURNEY, BUT THE LAKERS GOT THEM BY 12 AT HOME IN THEIR I-MECK MATCH-UP. REALISTICALLY, THE ‘VILLE HAS 1, POSSIBLY 2 WINNABLE GAMES IN THE 2ND HALF.
There you have it folks! We now see who is making the grade and who needs to burn the ol’ midnight oil. The Amazing One will post his final report cards after the regular season has concluded.
SAD SAM – HS HOOPS GENIUS