The 16U White Division Gold Championship game was thrilling from beginning to end as Team Charlotte 2022 faced off against a gritty Carolina Riptide squad. 6’4 W Logan Blair made an impact early in this one for Team Charlotte with his activity on the glass. He possesses a good blend of skill and athleticism and ended the game scoring 13 points. For the Riptide, they were led by skilled 6’5 forward Jacob Morgan who did it from all over the court including three three-pointers and finished well around the rim en route to a team-high 19 points. The interior matchup was something to watch in this one as 6’6 Jeremy Gregory of Team Charlotte and 6’7 Jonas Courtney were banging down low, fighting for position and protecting the paint the entire game. 5’11 Clay Hodges of the Riptide was tremendous as well as he is one of the more hard-nosed, tough guards you will find and scored 11 points while playing some hounding defense down the stretch. The three-level scoring of 5’10 Jordan Crawford wound up being the difference in the game as the Team Charlotte guard finished with a game-high 21 points and earned MVP honors for his outstanding performance. Team Charlotte defeated Carolina Riptide 63-59 in what was one of the most hard-fought games this weekend.
- Hartsville Classic “Final thoughts, takeaways and stock boosters” (North Carolina Teams) January 26, 2020
- Bendel’s Best: Hartsville High School Classic January 26, 2020
- #MLKDreamJam Thoughts: Young talent shine in Fayetteville January 26, 2020
- Evening Standouts at Hartsville High School Classic January 25, 2020
- POB’s Eye Catchers from #PhenomHartsville (Part I) January 25, 2020