Phenom Hoop Players:
NCCU lands underrated 6’1 PG Justin Wright
Over the weekend, Wright announced that he would be committing to NC Central and giving Levelle Moton a key piece for the future. Wright provides great feel and understands how to play fundamentally sound basketball. As a scorer though, he can be even more efficient and makes it look so simple on the floor. He can score on all three levels and should be a KEY piece for NCCU in the coming years.
2020 AJ Hoggard heading to Michigan State
The Spartans got a huge victory this past week, as Hoggard brings toughness, physicality, and a guard that can showcase his vision as well as score the ball in an array of ways. He joins another point guard in Jalen Terry and Mady Sissoko for the 2020 recruiting class.
6’9 Jaemyn Brakefield gets his Duke offer and commits
Phenom Hoops watched Brakefield recently and was incredibly impressed. Showing that he can play so many positions and with a more consistent outside shot, Brakefield is going to be a mismatch nightmare in the coming years for the Blue Devils. He joins a loaded class for Duke in 2020.
Georgia State lands 2020 6’6’ Kaleb Scott
Scott is a physically imposing player with huge hands, long arms, and broad shoulders… he brings physicality right when he steps on the floor. His recruitment really started to pick up over the months but in the end, Georgia State landed its first commitment for 2020.
Other Big Commitments:
- 6’7, 200-pound Terren Frank announced on Sunday that he would be committing to TCU, giving the program two commitments in the past few weeks. Ranked as one of the top 150 players in the country, it was a big win for TCU.
- Butler adds another commitment in 2020 6’7, 230-pound Jakobe Coles. Now, the Bulldogs have secured five commitments in the class of 2020, one of which being Phenom Alum Myles Tate.
- North Carolina adds another 5-star prospect in 2020 PG Caleb Love. With the potential loss of Cole Anthony after this year, Love picked North Carolina over Missouri and now joins fellow 5-stars Walker Kessler and Day’Ron Sharpe.
- 2020 shooting guard Noah Taitz commits to Stanford
- Florida adds 6’7 small forward Samson Ruzhentsev, giving the Gators their first commitment for 2020.
- UConn adds 6’6 Andre Jackson to 2020 recruiting class
- Wisconsin added two commitments in 2021 recruiting class in 6’7 forward Matthew Mors and 6’1 guard Chucky Hepburn.