In what was a really exciting championship game between two high level 14U squads Next Level SC prevailed over Team USC by the score of (62-35). Next Level SC came out of the gate swinging, jumping out to an early double digit lead and they never looked back. They did a great job defending as a team and closing out possessions with great rebounding, largely due to 6’4 2023 Cowboy Boyd. He led the way with his ability to score inside and anchor the defense. I was impressed with the way Team USC tried to fight back, narrowing the deficit to 12 at one point, in part to the effort from 6’0 2023 Lorenzo Tucker. He used his ability to create offense to help close the gap but it wasn’t enough. The guard play of Next Level SC took over in the 2nd half and ran away with the game, showcasing themselves as one of the better independent 14U squads in the State of South Carolina. Both of these teams have some really intriguing prospects moving forward, it’s always great to see a group of young ones come together and bring home a championship on Sunday in the main gym.
- HIGHLIGHTS: Mallorie Haines DROPS 26! Davidson Day TOPS O’Neal School for STATE CHAMPIONSHIP! February 25, 2020
- Recruit 1-on-1 with 2022 6’8 Chauncey Wiggins (Eastside HS) February 25, 2020
- Coach Chris Berger, “I’m not a basketball coach, I coach life.” February 24, 2020
- Unsigned Senior Spotlight: 5’11 Demetrius Washington February 24, 2020
- NC, SC, and VA Playoff Headquarters February 24, 2020