Phenom Hoops COVID-19 Protocol
First of all, thank you for your support of Phenom Hoops. As we all know, we are living in uncertain times and the COVID-19 pandemic has stopped the U.S. and the world economy in its tracks. Our team at Phenom has been working relentlessly to plan for the possibility of basketball events this summer. It is our goal to resume activities as soon as local, state, and federal government officials deem it permissible. It has always been our mission to help young athletes reach their basketball goals by providing them with a first-class platform to showcase their talent.
While we want to get back to playing basketball soon, it is our utmost responsibility to ensure the health and safety of everyone involved. We will follow CDC guidelines and have protocols that we will adhere to at our events. These protocols include:
- All staff members will perform daily symptom assessment and sign off that symptoms are not present prior to their shift
- All staff members will have their temperature taken prior to their shift.
- Staff members will adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- Staff members MUST wash/sanitize hands every hour. If there are interactions with spectators, staff members MUST sanitize hands immediately after interaction.
- Staff members will carry hand sanitizer with them at all times.
- Staff members MUST wear mask during the event. Masks will be provided to employees who do not have a mask.
Athletes and Coaches Protocols
- Ensure coaches, players, and game personnel are not symptomatic by:
- Pre-screening questionnaire that must be filled out and signed for each person entering the building. This form must be filled out and turned in at check-in each day.
- Requiring coaches, players, and game personnel to have their temperature taken upon arrival at the facility each day. Any participant with a temperature over 100.4 degrees will be asked to leave.
- Each team will have a roster sheet in which we log all athletes’ and coaches’ temperatures. This will be signed by coaches and our nursing staff.
- Coaches will be required to wear masks. Game officials must wear a mask unless they are officiating a game.
- Only one backpack per person inside the building will be permitted.
- We will provide basketballs. No outside balls will be allowed. We will clean and disinfect balls before and after each use.
- Teams/athletes MUST bring their own water bottles/drinks. Water fountains will be turned off.
- Limit the number of spectators associated with each team.
- Spectators will be required to wear masks. They MUST bring their own mask. If they do not bring their own mask, spectators can purchase them upon check-in.
- Ensure minimum of 6 feet between spectators when entering and when inside the facility. Signage will be posted throughout the facility to ensure proper social distancing.
- Everyone will enter the facility through one door and exit through another door. We will clearly mark Entrances and Exits.
- Dividers will be set to ensure one-way flow of traffic.
- Admission and Payment Options
- On cash payments, everyone must bring in the exact dollar amount. We will not provide change. This will limit the number of contact interactions between spectators and our staff.
- We will use the Square tablet application so everyone can pay via card to limit transactions. When spectators touch common surfaces such as the iPad when paying, we will use disinfectant wipes to clean the surface after each spectator.
- Team benches and spectator seating will be adjusted to adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- Water fountains will be turned off. Athletes will be required to bring their own water bottle.
- Sanitation stations will be located throughout the facility and include:
- Hand sanitizer
- Disinfectant wipes
- Wash hands signs in bathrooms
- Sanitation team in charge of regularly cleaning common surface areas such as doorknobs, counters, courts, team benches and spectator seats. We will disinfect high contact surfaces after every game.
- Only teams currently playing and scheduled to play next will be allowed in the facility at once.
- Games will have staggered start times to limit the number of spectators and contact amongst them.
- There will be a 10-minute dead period in between each game to ensure proper disinfecting and cleaning.
- Elimination of post-game handshakes.
Please be sure to review and follow all CDC guidelines, which can be found here: CDC Public Health Recommendations.
Phenom is a name that is trusted to provide well organized, trusted basketball events. We look forward to seeing you all again soon!
*DISCLAIMER: We will adjust COVID-19 procedures and protocol as we gain new guidelines from state and federal officials