Final: Legacy Early 68 ' Gaston Christian 54
LEC: Tyler Ringgold 16 points/ Kristian Hodges 17 points/ Hayden Assemian 8 points/ Jordyn Kee 13 points
Gaston: Corey Gaines 15 points/ Cam Newman 14 points/ Joe Rhyne 8 points/ Preston Shuford 8 points
- Was really impressed with what I saw from the newest South Florida commit in Tyler Ringgold (LEC). A 6'8 2023 prospect really made some terrific plays, showing that he can operate from multiple levels, step out and be a threat from outside, create and get into the paint, and finish strong around the basket. He has a nice blend of athleticism and skillset, showing that on multiple occasions at the rim offensively or getting on the boards.
- One can see the intrigue with 2024 6'4 Jordyn Kee (LEC). He came out strong early on but continued to show that the guard can not only create and initiate but also display a confident pull-up game with range. Confident shooter with good size. Can be a big threat for a program with his shot-making ability.
- 2025 Hayden Assemian (LEC) is going to be a name you start hearing more. He started out slow but really showcased his physicality, his strength, and his presence in the paint. Assemian is an absolute bull in the paint and simply outworks his opponents, ripping for rebounds, attacking the rim with power, and just being a big force physically for his team.
- 2023 Kristian Hodges (LEC) had a very good game, as the 6'4 combo guard brings a sturdy frame and one that can score inside and out. He is an unsigned senior to really look at more. 2023 6'7 Coen Carr finished with eight points and put on an absolute show with his athleticism, slamming it home countless times on defenders and finishing strong at the rim.
- 2023 Corey Gaines (Gaston Christian) continues to be an underrated, unsigned senior here in North Carolina that just understands what he can provide and competes. Gaines can be effective on either end of the floor, as he plays hard and scrappy, as able to create off the dribble and finish tough baskets around defenders, and also knock down shots.
- 2026 Cam Newman (Gaston Christian) continues to show why he is a young point guard that has a high IQ for the game. It took some time but he started to really flourish in the second half, showing his playmaking ability off the dribble, getting paint touches and showing touch on his shot, and finding his teammates. It will continue to be interesting to see how he grows as a point guard.
- For Gaston Christian, 2024 Joe Rhyne continues to show his confidence from deep, showing his unlimited range on his shot. 2023 Preston Shuford stepped up in stretching the floor and knocking down shots. And a new name to start looking at is 2024 6'11 Gabriel Mabor, as the big man is a developing big that was very strong on the boards, moved well and scored around the basket, and also showed at times that he can step out for his mid-range shot. A developing big man that should garner more eyes.