There were a lot of intriguing individual matchups at the Kinston MLK Classic, but few more exciting than Jajuan Carr against Carter Whitt within the Pender v. Leesville Road battle. The expectations were high, but these two certainly delivered. It was neck-and-neck for a majority of the game, as these were two of the most evenly-matched squads in attendance at the event. Carr ran Pender like a well-oiled machine, doing a strong amount of everything and setting up guys at every opportunity. Pender was extremely balanced in their scoring attack, but Jakwon Moore led the way. Meanwhile, Whitt maintained his impressive presence throughout this contest and was able to dictate the action very well. In addition to Whitt, Leesville Road enjoyed phenomenal performances from Chase Hakerem, Alex Daniels, and Aaron Zemonek, leading to their 72-64 victory over Pender.
- Unsigned seniors in the Carolinas (Listed by height) May 25, 2020
- 2022 6’0 Kolbe Ashe (Hayesville) is one to keep an eye on in NC May 25, 2020
- Getting to Know: 2022 6’2 Kyle Frazier (Weddington) May 25, 2020
- Will Kai Sotto Make Waves in the G-League? May 25, 2020
- Phenom Player Watch: 2022 6’7 Lucas Juntunen (Oxford Prep) May 24, 2020