Arguably no game at Kinston MLK Classic provided better storylines than Greenfield and The Burlington School. These two are in the same classification within the NCISAA and could potentially meet later this season in the state playoffs, which only added more fuel for both sides. Despite some early season struggles, The Burlington School has discovered some newfound confidence and it’s directly translating to enhance their on-court product. Meanwhile, Greenfield has been almost the epitome of consistency under Rob Salter. This game stayed within one to two possessions for almost the entire contest. Ja’Dun Michael, Mylyjael Poteat, and Kuluel Mading carried the load for The Burlington School while Dji Bailey, Creighton Lebo, Jordan Lynch, and Trey Pittman were the top performers for Greenfield. However, it would ultimately come down to eighth-grader Hampton Evans hitting the go-ahead three-pointer as time expires, leading to a 62-61 victory for Greenfield.
- Phenom’s Four Corners: Jamarii Thomas lands first D1 offer; ’20 Ricky Council IV commits to Wichita St. March 30, 2020
- Coach Rick’s All State “Sportsmanship Award” March 29, 2020
- Trey Wertz Narrows List March 29, 2020
- Phenom Player Watch: 2023 6’2 Amari Odom (Jordan HS) March 29, 2020
- Coach Rick’s All State “Team Before Self Award” March 29, 2020