Phenom Hoops was back in Raleigh once again after an impressive Phenom ENC Junior camp, this time taking a look at some of the top prospects in Eastern North Carolina.
What an event it was at the JD Lewis Center.
Players were able to showcase their talent, while also developing their skills. Each player brought something unique to the table, as these were the players that caught our eyes.
2021 6’8 Will Felton (Millbrook HS)
- Felton absolutely dominated to start the Phenom ENC 150. He played strong basketball and was physical on both ends of the floor. What you have to like about his game is the effort he puts in, but also the way he moves on the floor for a player his size. Finished strong around the rim, ran in transition and was effective on the defensive end.
2020 6’1 Aaron Ross (Northwood HS)
- Not knowing too much about Ross coming in, he impressed with his ability to lead his team on the offensive end. He displayed a high IQ on the court, a great change of speed in the halfcourt. Ross also was able to give us a little preview of his strength and athleticism.
2020 6’3 Wy’Kise Allen (South Granville HS)
- With Allen’s size, it was fun to watch his pace to his game. He took what the defenders gave him but also had a little bully ball to his game. Allen’s smooth feel really helped him get to rim and dish or finish. Also, a very willing rebounder.
2022 6’8 Asa White (Garner Magnet HS)
- There is no doubt about it, with White’s size and versatility on the floor. Though shots didn’t quite fall all the time, a prospect with his length and early skill is impressive. White showcased his confidence and ability to be a scorer inside and out, along with being disruptive on the defensive end.
2020 6’1 Mason Grigg (Northwestern HS)
- If you don’t know Grigg yet, you need to start following. Unbelievable athleticism on the floor, as you better watch your head or you may catch a body. But Grigg also displayed a smooth outside feel to his game, knocking down the open jumper and three.