In what was probably the most electric game of the day and what was definitely the most electric 12U Game I’ve ever seen with my own eyes the Carolina Bad Boyz prevailed over Team Truth to come away with a crazy comeback victory in the championship game of the 12U bracket at the Phenom Hoop Report JMAC Showcase. After Trailing by as many as 21 points in the 2nd half, this group of young men stayed resilient, together, and above all else believing that they could find a way to come back against what is a really talented Team Truth squad. The catalyst of the comeback was 5’5 2026 Khristian Bruce, his leadership, relentlessness, and overall toughness was vital to the teams comeback effort, along with help from guys like 6’1 2025 Jackson Robinson, 5’8 2025 Tristan Thompson, and many others. Team Truth played an incredible game, but they could not handle the stifling on ball defense in the 2nd half from the Bad Boyz guards, leading to some turnovers and transition buckets. It was really nice to see a team, especially a really young one stick together instead of folding when things weren’t going their way. The coaching staff deserves a major S/O for keeping this group on the right path throughout the contest. Expect all of these kids to continue honing their skills, developing into great basketball players, and even better young men in the years to come. Hats off to what feels like a very special group.
- Oliver O’Brien Maximizing His Role July 8, 2020
- Every player’s favorite teammate: 2023 6’0 Lukas Kachilo (West Henderson) July 8, 2020
- COACH’S CORNER: Lexington HC Elliott Pope on 1st Year Experience + What His Team Taught Him! July 8, 2020
- Prashant Hill Preparing to Expand his Role July 8, 2020
- Special K’s Hoops Take: SC Hidden Talent (Part I) July 8, 2020