The saying always goes that you can’t teach size and 2023 6’11 Dhiaukuei Dut certainly brings that. That is why schools are targeting him in a major way for their 2023 recruiting class but the rising senior announced last week his Final 6 schools which included Georgia State, Mississippi State, Presbyterian, Old Dominion, Yale, and Vanderbilt. He breaks down his thoughts on each.
- Georgia State: “GSU is like a home to me. Right across the street from me. Coach Jonas and Jarvis both are like family because they invested their time in knowing all my family here. I also like how they play their bigs, being able to allow you to stretch the floor. It’s also one of the best business schools in the country so I like that too. Their facility is also great.”
- Mississippi State: “I like their coaching staff. Coach Jan and Coach Brooks’ development of bigs is admirable.”
- Presbyterian: “It is a great school. The whole coaching staff has shown lots of enthusiasm in the recruiting process. Coach Quinton has some of my former teammates from Greenforest over there and it’s a family groove and I love it!! Could be a reunion at the next level.”
- Old Dominion: “It’s one of the top schools in the Conference USA. Coach Jones and Kovensky are amazing coaches and I like it. Amazing environment and facilities.”
- Yale: “It’s Yale. The coaches (James Jones and Simon) are amazing in the recruiting process. Academically is the best school and they’ve put some players in the league. Their coaching style is great, and their facilities are great.”
- Vanderbilt: “I like Coach Jerry Stackhouse’s coaching style. Pretty much big school both academic and basketball.”
“My game flows fluidly, mid-post/high post and around the block. I’d describe my game as stretch, PF, F or C because I’m able to space the floor, even beyond three. I excel mostly at the defensive ends, rim protection (blocks/altering shots), and rebounding the basketball. Offensively, mid-range is where I excel more than any other parts on the floor.”
Looking for in a program:
“Somewhere I can keep developing my game, be a family, and be able to impact winning in the program.”
“No, not yet” when asked about when he may decide. “I have to make official visits first.” Dut just finished up with a visit at Presbyterian and as of right now, doesn’t have any other specific dates for other visits yet.