The 9th Annual North Carolina Phenom 150 Spring Evaluation/Exposure Camp will be held Sunday, March 25th, 2012 at the Gateway YWCA in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. As you well know, our camp is one of the top exposure camps in the country. The camp will be limited to the first 180 players signed up for this prestigious event. Attached is the camp brochure and we will be updating our websites shortly. In addition, the Phenom Hoop Report is in the process of developing a website that will be free for parents, players and college coaches.
REASONS TO ATTEND
- Measure your game and skills against the best players in the region
- Major Scouting Services in attendance
- Maximum Exposure
- Equal playing time for all
- Top coaches from various High school & AAU programs
- Players receive a uniform
- Only players attending NC Phenom Camp can get invited to prestigious National Adidas Phenom Camp in San Diego
- Gives High School Players an opportunity to showcase their talent and abilities in front of top scouting services
- Phenom Hoop Report will provide complete player evaluation to college coaches
Registration will start promptly at 8:00-9:45am Sunday morning in the lobby of the Gateway YWCA.Each player will receive a reversible numbered jersey. You will be pre-assigned a team and number and are not allowed to switch teams or uniform numbers. We will provide a program for the many scouting services in attendance that has the pre-assigned team listing and uniform number. In addition, you must bring your own shoes, warm-ups, and any other basketball gear. Players will return their jersey top at the end of the event. Camp T-shirts will be given out.
Remember, this is strictly an exposure camp that allows each player an opportunity to showcase their skills! Being selfish and not sharing the ball is not a skill. We do not keep track of points and we are looking for well rounded players that play both ends of the court and plays hard and with a purpose.
- Teams are assorted by grade and height- We try to make sure the teams are equal by grade level and height
- Players are not allowed to switch teams or uniforms
- Uniform numbers are pre-assigned to each player
- Scouting services will have camp roster of all players that is listed by numerical sequence
- All players receive equal playing
- Do you have an All Star game? No, every player will play in 3 camp games. This camp is to give every player an opportunity to showcase his skills and ability in front of the top scouting services in the country.
- What do scouts look for in a prospect? Scouts look at various things such as athleticism, skill and the ability to play within a team structure. Remember, “Ball hogging” is not a skill!”
- What can I expect from the camp? This camp simply gives each player an opportunity to showcase his talents. It’s not always about scoring. Players can make a statement by rebounding, passing, playing defense and being a good teammate.
- Will college coaches be in attendance? No, this is a “dead period” and college coaches are not allowed to watch. That is why it is important to be seen by the top scouting services in the country. Our service, Phenom Hoop Report will send out a complete player evaluation to over 100 college coaches and each player will receive an evaluation from their perspective coach and Phenom Hoop Report.
- Do you give out invitations to the Adidas National Junior Phenom Camp and the National Phenom 150 Camp in San Diego? Yes, we do. Invitations to the national camp can be earned by attending this camp and proving one can play on a national level.
- Will you have a trainer on hand? Yes, we will have a professional trainer on hand to treat minor injuries.
- Do you use trained officials? Yes, we will have trained officials for each game, unless one fails to show up. We will use a booking agency and will have at least one official per game.
- Do you provide food and drinks? Players will be responsible for their own food and drinks and the YWCA will have the concession stand open for pizza, hotdogs, snacks and drinks.
- Do you charge admission? Yes, the YWCA will charge a daily admission of $5.00 per person with 12 and under free